Just wanted to say Happy Halloween to all you wonderful followers! Be safe out there:)
Last night, my boyfriend and I went to our first concert together. What a show the Casting Crowns put on! Amazing music, wonderful messages and it was all enjoyed with a terrific guy:) I can honestly say, I feel blessed … Continue reading
Hours pass, I muse
Wishing you were in my arms
My pen kisses you
Posts on hold for Octoberfest fun with family. Enjoy the weekend everyone:)
The last couple of weeks, I took Writing 201- Poetry. I thoroughly enjoyed it and came up with some poems that I really like and am quite proud of. The more important part of the class though, was finding new bloggers. I really enjoy the community of the blogging world and wish I would have started this sooner. (Blogging would have made my deployments so much more entertaining! Oh well. I am sure there will be another eventually.)
During the class, I was honored with the Lovely Blog Award by both Franky tells it like it is and Kathy’s Blog: Healing from the Loss of a Parent. Two nominations in one week. I am honored! [Insert blushing here.] Thank you so much:)
If you are not familiar with this award, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide the link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 15 bloggers for the award, and comment on one of their posts to let them know.
Here are 7 facts about me:
- I love the color purple and have several items in that color: coffee cup, phone case, clothes, calendar, jewelery, sunglasses, scarves, luggage, vases, candles…..
- I used to help teach acrobats, ballet, tap, and jazz to little kids when I was in high school. For pay, I received my own free lessons and costumes for recitals.
- I am still friends with a girl I met in 5th grade and was my best friend in high school. We may not talk everyday, but we catch up periodically and go on trips together at times: one cruise, two all-inclusive resorts, weekend trips and in a couple of weeks, we will meet up at our high school for a cheerleader reunion. Oh, and the lessons I taught above, were with this bestie:)
- This past June, I went on a blind date with no expectations of anything other than a meal and bowling with friends. We are still dating now and it has been a fairytale to say the least.
- I am a Soldier in the Army Reserve who has deployed three times. In that position, I am a photographer, writer, media escort, and now, a commander. It truly has been on honor to represent the United States on deployments and gather pictures and information that tell the stories of other Soldiers. I can’t imagine my life without these experiences now. They have shaped all that I am now.
- While in Afghanistan, I bought about 40 scarves. Hey, they were pretty and cheap and it was one way to feel girly in a world of dust and blah uniforms. Funny thing is, I don’t ever remember wearing scarves before that deployment. Maybe because I didn’t own any? Well, I do now!
- Due to the military (and just life in general), I have lived in several places: Michigan, Ohio, Germany, Texas (two different towns and years apart), North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Maryland and Hawaii. Then, if you count deployments and long military training events/schools (since I did have an address to receive mail, they can sort of count), you can add: Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, South Carolina, Missouri, Washington and Louisiana.
Now, on to the nominations! Here are some blogs that I visit often. Check them out as they are always entertaining me.
- Meaning and Musings for inspiring writing and wonderful poetry.
- Jaytee59 for amazingly vivid photographs.
- Snow’s Fissures and Fractures for great short stories and creative photo editing.
- This, That and the Other Thing for quotes, stories pictures and well, other things.
- Rinse Before Use for humorous articles on relationships, love and life.
- Rochelle Wisoff-Fields ~ Addicted to Purple for the super fun host of Friday Fictioneers.
- Cee’s Photography for a ton of different photo challenges, and fun and beautiful pictures.
- Ronovan Writes for inspiring writing and the weekly haiku challenge.
- Predestined30 for beautiful emotional poetry and honest, well-written thoughts.
- Julie Powell ~ Photographer and Graphic Artist for WOW photos and art with a touch of witty good information to boot.
There are several more, but I thought I would limit it to ten and the first few that came across my feed today (and ones that I did not mention before). For those of you who do not do these awards, just know that you are appreciated. I completely understand and can respect that decision. So here is your online ‘high five’ for being awesome!
That is all folks. Go seize the day and share your blessings:)