Thank You “Berryduchesss” for the nomination to the, “One Lovely Blog Award.” (http://berryduchess.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/the-one-lovely-blog-award/)
I am honored to be in the company of such great bloggers.
For those of you who don’t know (because I know I didn’t), the One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
*Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
*Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
*Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
*Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
So here goes. Seven things about me are:
- I joined the Army Reserve at 29 years old so that I would have a way to use my journalism degree. At that age, I was already married, raising kids, and living the American dream that is accompanied with debt. There was no fiscally smart way I could intern or take an entry-level journalism position and leave my retail management job. Signing the dotted line to serve my country was one of the best decisions of my life as it has made me who I am today.
- I am a photographer as well as a writer. I have taken photographs in some remote parts of the world for the military. I have also served as a wedding photographer for a few years. I find that being behind the camera is a way to show others beauty that they may otherwise miss and a way to capture memories for people. Both of these tasks is an honor to do. (Currently, I am working on a photo blog. Hopefully, I will get that up and running soon.)
- I am addicted to a few things in life: games on my phone (Scrabble with Friends, Tetris, Angry Birds…); fattening foods (Swiss Cake Rolls, avocados, buttercream frosting); Lindsey Stirling, Mike Comfort and Pink music; being by the water, the feeling of passion, and anything purple.
- After dreaming of a horse since I was a little girl, I finally got one a few years ago. Outside of being on a few mindless trail rides, I never really knew how to ride or what it took to care for one though. Fortunately, my old mare is tolerating my learning curve and has not killed me yet.
- I like variety in my life. On any given weekend, you may find me doing anything from white water rafting to reading a book to attending the symphony. I am willing to try many things and am perfectly happy in a fancy dress or some hiking gear.
- Outside of the Army Reserve, I am a civilian editor of technical manuals for the Army. In this job, I read about gun systems, parachutes and combat team tactics. Yet ironically, as a Soldier, I hate reading manuals to find things out for my job. (This fact makes my friends all laugh.)
- I started my blog as a way to practice my writing and as an outlet for my broken heart. One day, I hope to write the books in my head…and heal my heart that gets broken with each risk I take.
Now for my nominations.
I would like to nominate the following blogs that I have found interesting: